Knowledge is your best insurance
If your vehicle has been involved in a collision or a fender-bender, the following information will help you report the details to the police and when contacting your insurance company.
- Stay calm.
- Make sure no one is injured. If there are injuries, ask for help immediately.
- Report the accident to the police as soon as possible.
- Draw a sketch of the accident’s site indicating the position of all vehicles involved.
- Get appropriate information from all parties involved, including witnesses: (names, addresses, telephone numbers, etc.).
Then, you can choose Alix Toyota‘s workshop for further processing. We are always there to assist you with proceedings.
Just contact us at 514 376-9191 and we will send a reliable tow truck to get you on your way. We also provide courtesy cars via our service department.
- Do not sign a tow authorization.
- Insist that your vehicle be taken to the nearest Toyota Certified Collision Repair and Refinish Centre.
- If your vehicle is still under warranty, you can also call Toyota’s roadside assistance: 1 888 TOYOTA-8 (1 888 869-6828).
Toyota’s roadside assistance will help you have your car towed to the Toyota dealer of your choice within a 50 km radius, or to the nearest Toyota dealer in a 300 km radius.
Know your rights
Make sure your insurance company knows that, as a Toyota owner, you would expect that :
- You vehicle be restored to its pre-accident condition, using genuine Toyota bodywork parts.
- Repairs be carried out by your Alix Toyota dealer’s workshop (or a workshop deemed to be recommended by your Toyota dealer).
- Technicians repairing your Toyota vehicle have been trained by Toyota.
Remember: you have the right to choose the workshop that will repair your vehicle.